[BioC] merged affy 430 A&B

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 6 15:50:54 CEST 2011

Hi Yongde,

On 4/5/2011 11:53 AM, YBao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if someone has done this -- merging the A set and B set of
> Affy Mouse chip 430 into one data set so as to facilitate further
> analysis such as lima. Some pointers will be appreciated.

I don't see much to gain here by combining. There is AFAIK not much
overlap between the two (and you certainly don't want to get into the
business of combining probesets from different chips). You would gain
some small precision in the overall variability estimate used in limma,
but otherwise just running separate analyses seems easiest.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks
>
> Yongde Bao