[BioC] Integration

Prasad Siddavatam siddavatam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:26:49 CEST 2011

Dear Group,

I am integrating different microarray datasets from various affymetrix, cDNA
(single and double channel) and illumuna arrays. I have couple of questions
regarding this analysis.

1. Do I have to treat two channel arrays as two independent
experiments/treatments to make it to the same page as one color or affymetrix
data?

2. What kind of normalizations (between and with arrays) I need to keep
in mind? I was normalizing within and between arrays in an individual
experiment and finally scale the data to zero mean and unit standard deviation.
Is this a reasonable approach? Or do I need to do one more normalization
between all arrays (like quantile)?

Greatly appreciate the feedback.

Prasad