[BioC] LDA and qPCR data

David martin vilanew at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 16:43:35 CEST 2011

Hi,
I have generated some data using rt-pct;
 From 50 samples (divided into three groups healthy,chronic,disease) i
have tested all samples for th expression of 50 genes. I want to find
the most suitable combination of genes that will help to discriminate
three groups healthy, chronic and disease.

For that i have started by running an anova, followed by TukeyHSD test
and have identified  gene1 to 10 as differentially expressed in group
disease from both chronic and healthy. I have evaluated the ROC plots
for each of these genes and noticed that a three of those can help to
better discriminate group chronic from disease. So the conclusion would
be that gene1+gene2+gene3 are my best markers between group chronic and
disease.

Everything is ok until here but i want to statistically show that three
genes are the best combination markers. Should i run individual LDA
(between pair genes) or is there any multi-class LDA test that i could
use to show that this is the best combination of markers to
differentiate chronic from disease in ly set of 10 genes ?

thanks for your help and tips
david