[BioC] flowCore split function with curv2Filter and population argument

Aric Gregson aorchid at ucla.edu
Wed Apr 13 02:21:30 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am attempting to split out flowSet result from a curv2Filter applied to
a flowSet. I realize that to split without using the 'population'
argument all samples must have the same populations, which is not the
case here. Plotting the result of the filter shows populations 'area 1'
through 'area 4'. I am interested in obtaining 'area 3' which is present
in flowFrames 1, 2 and 5. I attempt this with the following code:

> nk <- split(Data(wf[['NK-']])[c(1,2,5)], filter_cv2_cd3,
population="area 3")
Error in `names<-`(`*tmp*`, value = c("rest", "area 1", "area 2", "area 3" :
  Length of replacement vector doesn't match.

which suggests to me that it is ignoring the 'population'
argument. Taking a look at the result 'nk' confirms this:

> nk
$rest
A flowSet with 2 experiments....

$`area 1`
A flowSet with 2 experiments....

$`area 2`
A flowSet with 2 experiments....

$`area 3`
A flowSet with 2 experiments....

These flowFrames do not have an 'area 4'. Is this not the proper way to
go about splitting the flowSet or is 'split' not functioning correctly?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Aric
(flowCore 1.16.0)