[BioC] Combining data from different versions of Illumina HumanHT-12 v3

Gavin Koh gavin.koh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:52:36 CEST 2011

Dear Wei,

I've identified the duplicate probe:

common <- intersect(TB1$genes,TB2$genes)
test <- common==TB1$genes
Inspection of test shows that the repeated probe is "ILMN_2038777" at
position 324 in the vector.

Also discovered that the order of the probes is different between
batches so just deleting the duplicated probe will not allow me to use
cbind(). Just tried help file for cbind(), but that states only that
the probe order must be the same between EListRaw objects. limma
manual seems to suggest merge() command, but help(merge) says it only
takes RGList or MAlist objects, but looking at code for read.ilmn(),
read.ilmn() seems to use cbind to merge the input from different files
anyway so in theory merge() should work also?

Also tried using combine(), but combine() doesn't seem to be defined
for EListRaw.

Gavin.