[BioC] advise normalization for Agilent one color Microarray for mRNA and miRNA

axel.klenk at actelion.com axel.klenk at actelion.com
Mon Apr 18 14:26:50 CEST 2011

Dear Anke,

since I haven't seen a response to your post yet: I don't think there is
"the best" normalization method for either mRNA or miRNA but your
choice will rather depend on your data and assumptions... but have
a look at the BioC packages Agi4x44PreProcess and AgiMicroRna
and their vignettes; they will let you try and compare some methods
easily. (Personally, I most often use vsn for mRNA and RMA for miRNA.)

Cheers,

 - axel

Axel Klenk
Research Informatician
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd / Gewerbestrasse 16 / CH-4123 Allschwil /
Switzerland