[BioC] Concatenating or merging two or more ExpressionSet objects

Richard Leduc rleduc at glbrc.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 25 20:59:07 CEST 2011

Hello All,

I am somewhat new to R and definitely new to Bioconductor,
so the answer to this may be painfully obvious, but I have failed to find it.

We have a data processing pipeline that creates and analyzes
microarray data with Bioconductor (no surprise there). The pipeline creates
ExpressionSet objects that are written to the file system in RData files.

I have been asked to write a block of code that (amongst
other things) loads two (or more) ExpressionSets from different RData files, checks
that they have same row names (to validate that they are from the same type of
array), and concatenate them into one larger expression set. I can get
everything up to the last step. Is there a simple way to merge two ExpressionSet
objects?

Thanks,

Rich
--