[BioC] Limma, eBayes different sample size of groups and adjustment

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 17:07:51 CEST 2011

I don't think there is any need for there to be the same number of
samples in each group. 130 Vs 60 should work just fine.

Paul.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Babara Mueller
<babara.mueller07 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear BC list,
>
> I am using limma the first time.
> I have an unbalanced sample with 130 controls and 60 cases, should I
> correct for the different sizes?
> My idea is to take only 60 of my 130 controls. How u handle this problem?
>
> And is there a special method to correct/adjust my sample for example
> smoking status or weight?

Paul Geeleher (PhD Student)
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics
National University of Ireland
Galway
Ireland
--