[BioC] how to add a table to AnnotationDbi sqlite database?

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Dec 1 18:55:31 CET 2011

Hi Dana,

I want to help you, but I need to know a lot more information before I
can do so.  So please excuse me while I ask you a ton of questions:
What is your sessionInfo?  Do you have a reproducible code snippet for
us?  Have you read the posting guide here?

What is Gga1?  Is this a database you made from scratch?  Did you
generate it using AnnotationDbi?  When you said "goProfyles " did you
mean that you are actually using the goProfiles package?  Assuming you
are, the error you describe sounds like goProfiles is looking for a
bimap object, which means you need an annotation package.  If so, have
you read the vignette called "SQLForge: An easy way to create a new
annotation package with a standard database schema." from
AnnotationDbi?  You can find that here BTW:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

   Marc