[BioC] Should I compute RMA expression measures separately for different treament groups?

Clémentine Dressaire clementinedressaire at itqb.unl.pt
Fri Dec 9 19:50:20 CET 2011

 Dear BioC users,

 I was wondering wether it would not make sense to perform rma
 normalization on the 2 (or more) conditions we want to compare
 separately instead of alltogether as usually performed.
 This questioning comes from the three conditions I currently have to
 deal with. They clearly display different raw levels and I'm afraid that
 using global RMA will somehow hide an effect that could be meaningful.
 To illustrate I put in attachement the boxplots obtained before and
 after the two "types" of rma normalization.

 Did anyone already have to deal with such a problem? Do you have any
 suggestions?

 Many thanks for your help,

 Clémentine

--