[BioC] Combining raw images and locs files from different scans

Aliaksei Holik salvador at bio.bsu.by
Mon Dec 19 13:54:36 CET 2011

Dear list members,

Hopefully, this will be a straightforward question. I had my samples
analysed on Illumina beadchip by university services using iScan. When I
received the data all images were in jpeg format and there were no locs
files, I assume due to compressed image format. After some discussion
with the services my chips were re-scanned producing tiff images and
appropriate locs files. However, there was almost 3 weeks interval
between the first and the second scans. I am concerned, therefore, that
signal might have deteriorated and I'm thus wary of using the
intensities data and images from the second scan.

My question is therefore, can I convert the original jpeg files in tiff
format and combine them with locs files from the second scan to import
the intensities data generated during the first scan using beadarray
package. My reasoning being that no compression seemingly was applied to
jpeg files and the same probes should be in different swaths during both
first and the second scans. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Many thanks!

Aliaksei.