[BioC] besides batch effects, whether adjust for specific quality metric variables (pos_control_mean, neg_control_mean, etc) in the analysis models

shirley zhang shirley0818 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:58:59 CET 2011

Thanks Kasper and Jeff for your quick response.

I did try to use PC and SVA method as Jeff suggested. But my local
statistician really suggest me to adjust those Affy specific quality
metric variables suck as pos_control_mean, neg_control_mean, etc
(totally 19 this kind of variables as I listed in my previous email).
He also said since our sample size is pretty big (>1000), it won't be
a big problem in terms of degree of freedom. But my concern is I did
not see such kind of adjusting in the literature or in this list
besides SVA, PC, limma for batch effects, combat, linear mixed model
for random batch effects, etc.

Thanks again for your reply.

Shirley

--