[BioC] flowCore workflows and logical operations on gate views

Wong, Chao-Jen cwon2 at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 4 22:41:07 CET 2011

Hi, Alessandro,

What kind of filter you are going to apply to wf[["Lymphocytes+"]] or wf[["Monocytes-"]]?  There are four types of actions you can apply to a work flow object. They are compensation, transformation (logicle, asinh, and etc.), normalization, and gating/filtering (rectangleGate, rangeGate, norm2Filter, kmeansFilter and etc.) actions. As long as your filtering actions are in these categories, and then of course you can apply them to any of the gate views (by specifying the "parent" argument). There are some extra gating/filtering actions implemented in the flowStats packages that you might find useful.

Chao-Jen