[BioC] flowCore workflows and logical operations on gate views

Wong, Chao-Jen cwon2 at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 8 20:27:45 CET 2011

 Alessandro,

 # Apply GateZ to the UNION of cells in GateD+ and GateC+
 gateZ <- rectangleGate(`FL2-H`=c(1.6,5))
 ##
 ## I am stuck HERE :0)
 ## ?? add(wf,gateZ ,parent=(GateD+ | GateC+)) ??
 ##

 ##############################

You have to apply gateZ to GateD+ and GateC- separately. Every time when you add an action to a workFlow, it create a couple flowSet instances. In plot(wf), each node is a flowSet instance, and you cannot "union" the cells in two different objects.

> gateZ <- rectangleGate(`FL2-H`=c(1.6,5), filterId="gateZonD")
> add(wf,gateZ, parent="GateD+")
> gateZ <- rectangleGate(`FL2-H`=c(1.6,5), filterId="gateZonC")
> add(wf,gateZ, parent="GateC+")
> plot(wf)

Chao-Jen Wong
Program in Computational Biology