[BioC] GOstats and uniprot ids

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Thu Feb 10 20:00:19 CET 2011

Hi Paul,

We don't presently have that capability built into our Category testing
functionality.  We can test, GO, KEGG and I believe even PFAM, but there
is nothing presently there for Uniprot.  But I must also admit that your
request surprised me a bit because Uniprots are accessions and do not
(as I understand them) represent "families" or "categories" that genes
could be grouped into.  So I am a little bit perplexed about how they
would be used to represent categories of genes?  Is there possibly some
other information inside of a more complete uniprot record that can be
used in this way and which I am overlooking?  If so, then that
represents another challenge that will have to be overcome in order for
what you ask to become possible.

  Marc