[BioC] announcing a new version of arrayQualityMetrics in the development branch

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun Feb 20 15:32:59 CET 2011

Hi,

a substantially revised version of arrayQualityMetrics is available.

It has a number of new features:
- improved interactivity of the plots; expandable/collapsible sections
- rationalised outlier detection and reporting
- friendlier handling of the dependence on svg (should now be
transparent to most users, especially on Windows).

If you use the package, or want use it, it is worth installing the
version from the devel branch, not from the last release, even on R
2.12.x. If you use R-devel (the future R 2.13), then you can simply use
biocLite to install it. If you use 2.12.x, go to
http://www.bioconductor.org/help/bioc-views/devel/bioc/html/arrayQualityMetrics.html
and download the package, install it, as well as those dependencies that
you need.

A couple of example reports (from the package vignette) are here:
http://www-huber.embl.de/users/whuber/bioc-list/110220

Given the diversity of datasets and use cases that people have, I am
sure there is still some scope for fine-tuning of the report
presentation. I'd be very happy about any feedback on this, or any other
matter.

Best wishes
Wolfgang Huber
EMBL