[BioC] problems connecting to Biomart today?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 14:15:50 CET 2011

Quoting Rhoda Kinsella <rhoda at ebi.ac.uk>:

> Hi Jose,
> The reason for this error is that the HGNC curated gene name
> attribute has been removed. We have also removed HGNC automated
> filters and attributes as these external references were confusing
> for users. You can still retrieve the HGNC ID and symbol and also
> the HGNC transcript name from the database. I hope this helps.
> Regards
> Rhoda

Hi Rhoda,

anywhere I can check what else has changed?
The example I put there was one that gave me teh same error, but what
I was after really were the Gene Ontologies, have those been
deleted/renamed also?:

"go_cellular_component_id",
"go_cellular_component__dm_name_1006"

"go_biological_process_id",
"name_1006"

"go_molecular_function_id",
"go_molecular_function__dm_name_1006"

"goslim_goa_accession",
"goslim_goa_description"

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6507095

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.