[BioC] unable to install qvalue..

Simon Anders anders at embl.de
Mon Feb 21 15:27:24 CET 2011

Hi David

On 02/21/2011 02:44 PM, David Iles wrote:
> Check out this URL.
>
> http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/
>
> Various tcltk widgets are also available from http://sourceforge.net/. Use the search engine to locate tools such as BWidget, tcllib, tcltable etcetc.

Thanks, but I think, you misunderstood the issue.

The CRAN package 'tcltk' is a set of R binding for Tcl/Tk, i.e. a
package that allows you to use Tcl/Tk from within R. The issue is not
that Tcl/Tk itself vanished from CRAN; it was never available there and
users were always supposed to install Tcl/Tk on their system before
attempting to import the 'tckltk' R package, which, as I said, is only a
wrapper.

And this wrapper is what has vanished from CRAN, which is an issue,
because a large number of packages depend on it.

   Simon