[BioC] unable to install qvalue..

David Iles D.E.Iles at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 16:13:01 CET 2011

Hi Simon,

I have recently installed tcltk manually into R -  you can then get R to use tcltk automatically from wherever the software is installed.

Download the latest tcltk tar.gz file from sourceforge (check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcl/files/Tcl/) and unpack it, eg into the R library.

>From the R prompt, check out where R is looking for tcltk with
> tclvalue("auto_path")

If where you have installed tcltk is missing from the list that appears, then add the path, for example:
> addTclPath("/Users/Library/R/2.12/library")

Hope that helps.

Dave
Dr David Iles
Institute for Integrative and Comparative Biology
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT

d.e.iles at leeds.ac.uk