[BioC] LIMMA (locale problem with read.maimages)

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 24 22:30:20 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

The error message about 'locale' suggests that this is to do with
conflicts between different language versions of R.

My guess is that you might be using a version of R compiled for a
non-English language (such as French) but trying to read a GenePix file
encoded in a way that is not compatible with that language.  If I'm right,
it's an R issue rather than a limma issue.

You could clarify this by giving us system information:

   sessionInfo()

There are a number of previous posts on these issues, see for example:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2007-December/020549.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2007-July/018204.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2005-April/000070.html

Best wishes