[BioC] LIMMA

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Fri Feb 25 15:43:45 CET 2011

Dear Daniel

Daniel Fortin scripsit 23/02/11 00:50:
> I have a problem when running LIMMA. I get the following error message:
> Error in grep(protectMetachar(allcnames[i]), text.to.search) :
>    regular expression is invalid in this locale
> Calls: read.maimages ->  read.columns ->  grep
>
> The code is below:
>
>> library(limma)
>>
>> targets<-readTargets(file="Targets.txt")
>> RG<-read.maimages(targets$Filename, source="genepix",wt.fun=wtflags(weight=0,cutoff=-50))
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this error?

Likely your file Targets.txt (in particular, the column headers)
contains special characters that upset grep. I'd try editing it and
throwing out any characters that are not alphanumeric.

If that does not help, please provide the output of sessionInfo() and
the content of the file "Targets.txt".

Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber