[BioC] heatmap.2 how to remove row separator

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Fri Feb 25 16:11:13 CET 2011

Dear Benoit

in my experience this depends on the PDF viewer. For me, your PDF file
http://tinyurl.com/6yqcswr shows a hint of those white lines in
"Document Viewer 2.32.0", while it does not on "Adobe Reader 9.4.1"
(both on Ubuntu).

R's image function, on which these plots are based, is pretty peculiar -
it draws each matrix element as a filled polygon. Recently, support for
raster images was added to R devices, and this might be an alternative.
E.g., for the case of levelplot:

library("lattice")

m = matrix(runif(10000), nrow=5)
m[3,] = 0

col = heat.colors(100)

pdf("tmp1.pdf", width=5, height=10)
print(levelplot(m, col=col, aspect="fill"))
dev.off()

pdf("tmp2.pdf", width=5, height=10)
print(levelplot(m, col=col, aspect="fill",panel= panel.levelplot.raster))
dev.off()

tmp1.pdf has 594 kB and shows the white stripes in Document Viewer,
while tmp2.pdf has 73 kB and does not show white stripes.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Benoît Ballester scripsit 23/02/11 16:33: