[BioC] About package beadarray

Anand Patel acpatel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 21:37:16 CET 2011

Hmm.  This and the image processing file from the current dev version
of the package (2.1.3) are seemingly inconsistent?
http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/bioc/vignettes/beadarray/inst/doc/ImageProcessing.pdf

Suggests that readIllumina always performs the backgroundNormalise process.

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/bioc/vignettes/beadarray/inst/doc/beadlevel.pdf

and what's below suggests that this is not the case anymore.

Could you clarify?  My goal in asking is to take data that's been read with:

and use the neqc normalization process, which requires background
correction not have been applied.

Thanks,
Anand