[BioC] subsets

Fri Jan 7 05:44:20 CET 2011

Hi Peevi,

On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Peevi Ijkl <ipeevi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi list
> I have a data set(cancer)..I want to subset it..I want to know on what basis can
> i subset the data(the various methods) and also can the same condition be used
> on other data sets too??

You asked a pretty similar question on Dec 23rd of last year:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/32670

I'm not sure anybody can really answer your question, since it's hard
to figure out exactly what you're asking.

Please do what Sean suggested in his initial answer to you, which is:
be (MUCH) more specific in what you'd like to do, what you've already
tried to do, and what you think you need help with.

In the mean time, if you just need help "subsetting", have a look at
the "subset" function in R:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/library/base/html/subset.html

-steve

--