[BioC] Analysing multiple-platform gene expression data

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:31:37 CET 2011

Hey might be worth doing a search on pubmed or google to see if there
are published studies that have a similar setup and just do what
they've done.

Possibilities might be to use brainarray custom CDFs to reduce both
platforms to entrez gene ids, subset on ids common to both platforms
then use something like rankproduct (which uses gene ranks rather than
expression level) to compare between between the two types of arrays.

Paul.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM, gabriel teku <gabbyteku at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI All,
> I'm trying to analyse microarray experiment data in which two types of
> Affymetrix platforms were used. However, I don't know how to handle these.
> I'll be great if I could get a heads up right from the beginning in terms of
> statistics, etc.
>
> Thanx
> Gabriel

Paul Geeleher
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics
National University of Ireland
Galway
Ireland
--