[BioC] subset ontology from entire GO db using topGO

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Jan 10 20:57:37 CET 2011

Hi Paul,

Not completely sure what you are asking as you didn't give us a concrete
example.  So here is a rudimentary guess:
If I have a bunch of GO IDs in some vector:

foo = c('GO:0008150','GO:0005576','GO:0003674')

Then, I can get rid of the ones that are not of the "MF" ontology (as an
example) by using the Ontology helper function from AnnotationDbi in an
expression like this:

foo[Ontology(foo)=="MF"]

Hope that helps,

  Marc