[BioC] Using annotation package how can I convert the probe > ID's to Gene names.

Paul Geeleher paulgeeleher at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:00:51 CET 2011

Are they affy ids? Maybe the gene ID conversion tool might be able to
help: http://david.abcc.ncifcrf.gov/conversion.jsp

Paul.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Budhayash Gautam
<budhayashgautam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello friends,
>
> i am working on some SMD two color data for Toxoplasma gondii , i have
> done differential expression analysis. Now i want to annotate these
> genes,
>
> now the problem is that how can i convert the probe ID's to Gene names
> using annotation package and with what database because there is no
> database in bioconductor related to t. gondii.
>
> if i have to pick these gene names from NCBI then how can i link or
> retrieve this information from ncbi collectively as i have to do these
> annotation on the level of genome so no. of genes are in thousands...
>
> or if any one can suggest any reading material it will be helpful to
> me becoz i am stuck right now how to go ahead.....
>
> --
> BUDHAYASH GAUTAM
> Assistant Professor
> Department Of Computational Biology And Bioinformatics,
> Jacob School of Biotechnology & Bioengineering (JSBB)
> Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences
> (SHIATS)- Deemed University, Naini, Allahabad.
> U.P. 211007

Paul Geeleher (PhD Student)
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics
National University of Ireland
Galway
Ireland
--