[BioC] Two-way ANOVA with multtest's MTP/EBMTP

Neil Gray nag2103 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 19 22:12:13 CET 2011

Hello - hopefully a quick question here.  I've been using the MTP and
EBMTP functions for multiple testing correction of microarray
expression data.  I've had no problems using the t-test option, but  my
overall design is a two-factor ANOVA (2x2 groups using two  different
treatments).  My eSet therefore has two phenoData slots, and while it's
easy enough to specify one or the other, e.g.,
test='t.twosamp.equalvar' and Y='treatment1', but I don't understand how
to specify the 2x2 design for  test='f.twoway'.   It seems Y can't be a
matrix, and it can only be of  length equal to the number of samples.

So, given that 12 samples with groups defined as
treatment1=c(0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1) and
treatment2=c(0,0,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,1,1,1), how do I pass this design to MTP?