[BioC] RMA in xps does not use HuEx-1_0-st-v2.r2.antigenomic.bgp file. Possible ERROR?

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Sat Jan 29 19:51:24 CET 2011

Dear Addiel,

The reason is that the antigenomic.bgp file contains redundant
information which is already present in the HuEx-1_0-st-v2.r2.pgf file.

Simply search the pgf-file for: control->bgp->antigenomic

BTW, in function rma() "antigenomic" is only a parameter which is
internally used for the mask. Function rma() still uses the PMs only for
background correction of exon arrays. Probably I should clarify this
issue in the help file.

If you want to use antigenomic probes for background correction you need
to call function bgcorrect.gc().

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a