[BioC] KLdist.matrix

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sat Jul 2 18:44:39 CEST 2011

Dear Ladan

you can see the source code of this function by typing

	showMethods("KLdist.matrix", inc=T)

and there you will see the code fragment

   for (i in 1:nr) {
      if (nc > 10000)
        dat <- sample(x[i, ], nc * 0.1)
    }

i.e. the data are randomly subsampled if nc, the number of columns of
the matrix, is above 10000.

It would have been reasonable to expect that this behaviour would be
documented in the function's manual page.

Numeric integration is a difficult task, and I would consider this
function a first, brave move into the right direction. Feedback on its
performance on various applications will for sure be welcome, and if you
take it as a start point for adaptation / further development to fulfill
the needs of your use case, that might be the wisest way of making use
of it.

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang