[BioC] Entity 'nbsp' not defined using biomaRt

Hans-Rudolf Hotz hrh at fmi.ch
Mon Jul 4 13:37:51 CEST 2011

Hi Severine

Looks like there are two problems.....

Currently, 'mart = useMart("ensembl")'  doesn't work for me at all. The
web site 'www.biomart.org' is currently down.

Hence, I use a different host, eg 'host = "www.ensembl.org")', and then

mart2 = useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL", host = "www.ensembl.org")

and this works fine for me.

The kind of error, you see, I only get if a use a wrong host address, eg:

mart3 = useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL", host = "www.ensembl.org/foo")

Regards, Hans