[BioC] Running R on a Computer Cluster in the Cloud - cloudnumbers.com

Markus Schmidberger schmidbe at in.tum.de
Tue Jul 12 12:50:53 CEST 2011

Dear Bioconductor users,

cloudnumbers.com provides researchers and companies with the resources
to perform high performance calculations in the cloud. As
cloudnumbers.com's community manager I may invite you to register and
test R on a computer cluster in the cloud for free:
http://my.cloudnumbers.com/register

Our aim is to change the way of research collaboration is done today by
bringing together scientists and businesses from all over the world on a
single platform. cloudnumbers.com is a Berlin (Germany) based
international high-tech startup striving for enabling everyone to
benefit from the High Performance Computing related advantages of the
cloud. We provide easy access to applications running on any kind of
computer hardware: from single core high memory machines up to 1000
cores computer clusters.

Our platform provides several advantages:

* Turn fixed into variable costs and pay only for the capacity you need.
Watch our latest saving costs with cloudnumbers.com video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_BSVigUhg&feature=player_embedded

* Enter the cloud using an intuitive and user friendly platform. Watch
our latest cloudnumbers.com in a nutshell video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNEpR_ElV0&feature=player_embedded

* Be released from ongoing technological obsolescence and continuous
maintenance costs (e.g. linking to libraries or system dependencies)

* Accelerated your R, C, C++, Fortran, Python, ... calculations through
parallel processing and great computing capacity - more than 1000 cores
are available and GPUs are coming soon.

* Share your results worldwide (coming soon).

* Get high speed access to public databases (please let us know, if your
favorite database is missing!).

* We have developed a security architecture that meets high requirements
of data security and privacy. Read our security white paper:
http://d1372nki7bx5yg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/cloudnumberscom-security.whitepaper.pdf

This is only a selection of our top features. To get more information
check out our web-page (http://www.cloudnumbers.com/) or follow our blog
about cloud computing, HPC and HPC applications (with R):
http://cloudnumbers.com/blog

Register and test for free now at cloudnumbers.com:
http://my.cloudnumbers.com/register

We are looking forward to get your feedback and consumer insights.

Best
Markus

--
Dr. rer. nat. Markus Schmidberger
Senior Community Manager

Cloudnumbers.com GmbH
Chausseestraße 6
10119 Berlin

www.cloudnumbers.com
E-Mail: markus.schmidberger at cloudnumbers.com

*************************
Amtsgericht München, HRB 191138
Geschäftsführer: Erik Muttersbach, Markus Fensterer, Moritz v.
Petersdorff-Campen

Diese Nachricht kann vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie
nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger sein, so bitten wir um eine kurze
Nachricht. Jede unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist
unzulässig. Da wir nicht die Echtheit oder  Vollständigkeit der in
dieser Nachricht enthaltenen Informationen garantieren können,
schließen wir die rechtliche Verbindlichkeit der vorstehenden
Erklärungen und Äußerungen aus.
This message may contain confidential information. If yo...{{dropped:6}}