[BioC] edgeR - estimateGLMCommonDisp - warnings - huge logFC

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Tue Jul 12 17:29:49 CEST 2011

hi,

this very recent correspondence published at Nature Biotech may help
you, and possibly help others interested in this thread, to frame some
of the more general remarks made by Gordon Smyth in his last message:

Hansen KD, Wu Z, Irizarry RA & Leek JT
Sequencing technology does not eliminate biological variability
Nature Biotechnology 29, 572–573 (2011) doi:10.1038/nbt.1910
Published online 11 July 2011
http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v29/n7/full/nbt.1910.html

cheers,
robert.