[BioC] Background correction (Normexp+offset)

Juan Carlos Oliveros oliveros at cnb.csic.es
Wed Jul 13 09:53:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

You can even use offset = 0 to get more genes with higher fold changes
but,  many of them will have very low intensities, will not be
biologically relevant and can be artifacts that introduce noise in the
functional analysis.

Unfortunately, using an offset or another will not solve the problem of
the sample size. I recommend you to use offset = 50 (the default) and to
check graphically the effect of different filters based on Fold Changes
with an MA plot.

By the way, you do not need p.values to use FIESTA.

Best,

OLI