[BioC] Linear models?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Jul 14 03:54:47 CEST 2011

Dear Hajja,

Your targets frame (in limma) needs to contain three columns: Pair (taking
values A, A, B, B, C, C etc), Treatment, before or after (taking values
1,2,1,2 etc) and Treatment length.

  Pair <- factor(Pair)
  Treatment <- factor(Treatment)
  design <- model.matrix(~Pair+Treatment+Treatment:Length)

The last coefficient tests when the differences in expression are
correlated with treatment length.

Best wishes
Gordon