[BioC] Find all the genes n genes either side on the chromosome

James Perkins jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 17:23:59 CEST 2011

Dear all,

Given a gene of interest, is there an easy way to get the n nearest
genes either side (i.e. 5' and 3' direction) on the chromosome,
without leaving R?

I looked in biomart for a way to get the nearest gene either side but
couldn't see anything obvious. If this exists I suppose that could be
one way, just repeat the getBM call n times.

Any pointers at how to go about doing this would be very gladly received.

Many thanks,

Jim

--
James Perkins, PhD student
Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology

email: jperkins at biochem.ucl.ac.uk
phone: 0207 679 2198