[BioC] package announcement: cqn

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:59:58 CEST 2011

We do not have a tradition for package announcements on Bioconductor
(except the summary of new packages at release time) which I think is
too bad.

A while ago, we uploaded cqn (Conditional Quantile Normalization) to
Bioconductor devel.  The package is an implementation of a method for
normalizing RNA-Seq data, represented in a region (gene/exon) by
sample matrix.  The methodology is described in the following
preprint:

Hansen, K.D., Irizarry, R.A. & Wu, Z. Removing technical variability
in rna-seq data using conditional quantile normalization. Johns
Hopkins University, Dept of Biostatistics Working Papers, 227 (2011).
http://www.bepress.com/jhubiostat/paper227

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Rafael Irizarry and Zhijin (Jean) Wu