[BioC] help to proceed with the interpretation of an analysis

Samuel Wuest wuests at tcd.ie
Tue Jul 26 11:27:38 CEST 2011

Dear Alberto,

I am not quite sure how your experimental design looks like in detail,
but it seems to me that you have dual-label microarray data and an
unconnected design with two factors (hence the two separate
comparison?). If this is the case, then there is a very nice
functionality in the limma package that is designed to make
separate-channel analyses from unconnected designs, including
appropriate between-array normalizations etc; thus, you can test any
contrast you like and also interactions....

Everything is nicely described in the limma users guide; simply type:

library(limma)
limmaUsersGuide()

and check Chapter 9 " Separate Channel Analysis of Two-Color Data".

Would this answer the question? Hope it helps anyway,

Best, Sam