[BioC] help to proceed with the interpretation of an analysis

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jul 26 14:08:57 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Alberto Goldoni
<alberto.goldoni1975 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Samuel,
> i have affymetrix rattus norvegius chip.
>
> i have found 1000 interesting genes in the comparison 1 between
> "hypertensive rats (A)" vs "standard rats (B)" and i would like to
> understand the behaviour of these 1000 genes in the comparison 2
> "hypertensive rats+omega3 (C)" vs "standard rats (B)"
>
> After that i would like to obtain a sort of "value" in order to estimate the
> "% change" of each gene from the comparison 2 (C vs B) respect the
> comparison 1 (A vs B).

Hi, Alberto.

It sounds like the biologic hypothesis that you want to test is that
omega3 has an effect on some genes in hypertensive rats?  If that is
correct, I would suggest doing the comparison of C vs A using limma or
some other package for differential expression (perhaps the same way
you compared A with B and C with B).

Sean