[BioC] occurrence of rGADEM motifs (mattia pelizzola)

Chris Whelan whelanch at ohsu.edu
Wed Jul 27 19:27:43 CEST 2011

Hi Mattia,

I just had to figure out how to access the alignment locations
returned by rGADEM also. The object returned by GADEM() contains a
list of "motif" objects which then have a slot "alignList" that has a
list of "align" objects. To pull out the locations for the second
motif, for example, this worked for me:

>chrs <- sapply(gadem[[2]]@alignList, slot, 'chr')
>starts <- sapply(gadem[[2]]@alignList, slot, 'start')
>ends <- sapply(gadem[[2]]@alignList, slot, 'end')
>positions <- sapply(gadem[[2]]@alignList, slot, 'pos')
>locations <- cbind(chrs, starts,ends,positions)
> head(locations)
     chrs   starts      ends        pos
[1,] "chr3" "11250871"  "11251624"  "167"
[2,] "chr7" "2975746"   "2976319"   "412"
[3,] "chr7" "129587981" "129588370" "140"
[4,] "chrX" "18735991"  "18736550"  "457"
[5,] "chr1" "40002871"  "40003399"  "232"
[6,] "chr1" "175910829" "175911459" "502"

I believe that starts and ends are the coordinates of the original
search regions you gave to GADEM and then "pos" is the offset location
within that region of the motif.

Hope that helps - if someone knows better, please correct me.

Chris