[BioC] Regarding GEOquery

Fabio Liberante fabio.liberante at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:02:40 CEST 2011

Hi Nitish,

I have come across this problem a few times on different systems. I
think it's a problem with cURL, which GEOquery uses to download the
GSEmatrix.
After loading GEOquery try to update or install any package and you
should see that it fails to download. This is because GEOquery changes
the default download option in R to cURL. To change it back to 'auto'
execute the command below and all should be well.

options(download.file.method="auto")

Do let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Fabio Liberante