[BioC] fold change after gcrma()

yotsawat pomyen yotsa at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 15:46:02 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I normalised and summarised my data using gcrma() routine and have the
expression values for each probeset. I now want to do the comparison between two
classes of the samples (i.e. fold change between the classes). One thing I'm not
sure is how to compare them because, as I read from the gcrma paper, the
expression values after the gcrma() routine are log(intensity) after background
adjustment.

My question is: Do I have to convert the expression values from gcrma() back to
raw values by e^(values) before calculate the fold change between the two
classes that I have?

Best

Yot