[BioC] using and combining of "subseq"

Harris A. Jaffee hj at jhu.edu
Wed Jun 15 20:09:36 CEST 2011

x1 = "AAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCC"
x2 = "TTTTTTTTTTGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAA"
X = DNAStringSet(c(x1, x2))

   A DNAStringSet instance of length 2
     width seq
[1]    40 AAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCC
[2]    40 TTTTTTTTTTGGGGGGGGGGCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAA

> start1 = 1
> end1   = 10
>
> start2 = 21
> end2   = 25

s1 = subseq(X, start1, end1)
s2 = subseq(X, start2, end2)
answer = DNAStringSet(paste(s1, s2, sep=""))

 > answer
   A DNAStringSet instance of length 2
     width seq
[1]    15 AAAAAAAAAAGGGGG