[BioC] LIMMAing normalized and background corrected MA-data derived by a text file

"Gläßer, Christine" christine.glaesser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Fri Jun 17 12:56:39 CEST 2011

Dear Sean,

sorry for that. Targets is my targets file:

SlideNumber     Name    FileName        Cy3     Cy5
1       c1      exp_214.txt     mutant  control
2       c2      exp_217.txt     control mutant
3       c3      exp_220.txt     mutant  control

design:

design <- modelMatrix(targets, ref="control")

My script in total:

library(limma)
tfile <- "Targets.txt"
outfile <- "/firstrun.txt"
targets <- readTargets(tfile)
RG <- read.maimages(targets, columns=list(G="Sucrose",R="Control"), annotation=c("Block","Row","Column","Name","ID")) ###I've added block=1, row=1 and column consecutively numbered for each array, to be able to use getLayout for E.avg (see below)
RG$printer <- getLayout(RG$genes)
RG_ma <- normalizeBetweenArrays(RG, method="none")

E.avg <- avereps(test, ID=RG_ma$genes) #### if I don't use getLayout or block/row/column like described above, doubled gene names will be deleted, but uncoupled from the values... leaving e.g. 5 gene names and 10 values, as short example

design <- modelMatrix(targets, ref="control")
fit <- lmFit(E.avg, design)
fit2 <- eBayes(fit)

sink(outfile, options(max.print=5.5E5))
print ("Mutant-Control")
print (topTable(fit2, coef=1, number=50000, adjust="BH"))
sink()

Thank you :)

Christine Gläßer
Institut für Bioinformatik und Systembiologie
Tel.: +49-(0)89/31873583