[BioC] Questions on doing EdgeR Analysis of Timeseries Data

Biase, Fernando biase at illinois.edu
Fri Jun 17 17:52:50 CEST 2011

Hi Dr. Smith,

Sorry if I am coming back to an issue previously discussed. I am following up on Dr. Lawson's question because it can be useful to him as well, I think.

Can you ,please, clarify  how to interpret a topTag table containing more than one coefficient?
As an example, those are the first two lines of the table I have. I understand why there are the coefficients for day34 and groupNT.  What does locConc, LR P.value and FDR refers to?

> topTags(lrt_glmfit_ENS_exon_data_c_TMM)
Coefficient:  day34 groupNT
                  		   logConc    day34     groupNT       LR       P.Value           FDR
ENSBTAG00000020056 -7.499402 6.832396  0.16466282 559.8360 2.711126e-122 4.432692e-118
ENSBTAG00000010050 -8.214241 7.723259 -0.23952379 531.3709 4.114163e-116 3.363329e-112

Thanks so much, sir
Fernando

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252    LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] VennDiagram_1.0.1 baySeq_1.6.0      DESeq_1.4.1       locfit_1.5-6      lattice_0.19-26   akima_0.5-4       edgeR_2.2.5       Biobase_2.12.1

 [1] annotate_1.30.0      AnnotationDbi_1.14.1 DBI_0.2-5            genefilter_1.34.0    geneplotter_1.30.0   limma_3.8.2          RColorBrewer_1.0-2   RSQLite_0.9-4
 [9] survival_2.36-9      tools_2.13.0         xtable_1.5-6