[BioC] How can I remove control probesets from the expressionset object in gene expression analysis with Affy Human Gene 1.0ST microarray

Virginia Garcia virginia.garcia at ifi.csic.es
Tue Jun 21 12:46:16 CEST 2011

Dear list,

I am quite new to R as well as to microarray analysis.
I am dealing with some gene expression analysis performed on Affymetrix Human
Gene 1.0ST microarray.

So far, I have learnt how to filtrate data using genefilter using nsFilter
functions.

Now, I would like to know how to filter out from the expressionset object all
the control probesets (~4000) that Affymetrix includes in the microarray (for
quality assay, normalization, background correction, etc.). However, none of
the aforementioned functions worked for me.

How can I recognize those probesets and remove them? I would like to filter
them out before statistical analysis with limma package.

Virginia.