[BioC] Classification

David martin vilanew at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:24:40 CEST 2011

thanks.
Is not binary since i have three categories and 5 genes. I have tried
LDA and stepclass

#LDR stepwise
disc<-stepclass(Group~ ., data =dataf, method = "lda",improvement = 0.001)

where group contains my three categories ("healthy","moderate disease",
"severe disease") and dataf the pcr values for my 5 genes.

The problem i have is that stepwise generates a different signature each
time (as it randomly picks up a gene to start with)? This is ok for me
but how many times do you need to run stepclass so that you found your
mopst probable genes that classify your groups , Do i need to do a loop
for stepclass ???

thanks