[BioC] Hypergeometric test in ChIPpeakAnno

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Tue Jun 28 16:02:50 CEST 2011

Abihishek,

This is a very good question which has been very nicely addressed by Noah.
Please follow the following email threads in the Biocondutor mailing
archives.
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-November/036540.html
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/29476
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/30115

Please cc bioconductor <bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch> so that others could
benefit and/or contribute. Thanks!

Best regards,

Julie

On 6/28/11 4:29 AM, "Abhishek Singh" <abhisheksinghnl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear prof. Julie,
>
> I have one more question regarding the hypergeometric test implemented in
> ChIPpeakAnno package for construction of Venn diagram.
>
> The command you gave for the sample data in the article is:
>
>> makeVennDiagram(RangedDataList(Peaks.Ste12.Replicate1,
>> Peaks.Ste12.Replicate2, Peaks.Ste12.Replicate3), NameOfPeaks =
>> c("Replicate1","Replicate2","Replicate3"), maxgap = 0, totalTest = 1580)
>
> Where totalTest indicates how many peaks in total that is used in
> hypergeometric test (as indicated in article).
>
> Imagine I have a three data sets:
> (a) Dataset A has 100 peaks
> (b) Dataset B has 150 peaks
> (c) Dataset C has 75 peaks
>
> How can I compute the value of totalTest for these three data sets?
>
> Thank you for  your time,
> Looking forward for your reply,
>
> Regards
> Abhishek
>

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM, Abhishek Singh <abhisheksinghnl at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Dear Prof. Julie,
>>
>> Thank you, for providing code.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Abhishek
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Zhu, Lihua (Julie) <Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> Abhishek,
>>>
>>> Please try the following code snippets assuming your bed file is test1.bed
>>> without header.
>>>
>>> library(ChIPpeakAnno)
>>> test1.bed=read.table("~/Document/test1.bed", sep="\t", skip=0, header=FALSE)