[BioC] RMA in Bioconductor versus APT - missing probesets

Mark Cowley m.cowley at garvan.org.au
Thu Mar 3 23:58:44 CET 2011

Hi Michal,
yes, I think it's wrong to use rma/just.rma on ST data -- since working this out, I never do (except for using existing array QC pipelines which rely on 'rma' where i don't care about a few missing/erroneous probesets).
Thus consider these excellent alternatives: oligo, XPS, or affymetrix-probeset-summarize.
I currently use oligo because I can write pure R code with no dependencies on ROOT, but I will probably switch to XPS, because once its installed, the same pipeline can handle ST arrays and older genome arrays & can calculate DABG calls on the ST arrays

my 2 cents

Mark