[BioC] stuck in biocLite("GEOquery")

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 4 19:50:31 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Jack Luo <jluo.rhelp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use install GEOquery package in R and type:
>
> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("GEOquery")
>
> The sliding bar stops at some point, then I stopped the task and repeat it,
> then it stops in another place ..., but still not 100%. I keep doing this
> for many times and it is still not successful yet. For some other packages,
> I've encountered similar problem before, but at most 3 times I repeated, the
> download should be 100% finished.
>
> Does anyone have similar problem?

I'm guessing you're on Windows (but you should post the output of
sessionInfo() so that we can know this, plus other information helpful
to diagnose the problem).

I was just able to install GEOquery using biocLite() on windows and it
didn't take long.
Of course, I am here at FHCRC; you may be encountering network latency issues.

Several files may be downloaded when you install GEOquery. If you
could let us know which ones seem to be getting stuck, that would also
help.

Thanks
Dan